HPC need to publish information annually on the income we receive from EHDC in respect of CIL monies and how we spend them.
Year End Report
CIL Financial Annual Report 2019-20
CIL Financial Annual Report 2020-21
COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY: NEIGHBOURHOOD PORTION
The District Council collects a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) on certain developments including residential developments and retail.
The majority of the levy is spent on major infrastructure projects, however 15% of the amount collected has to be spent in the area where development is taking place, in agreement with the local community. This is referred to as the ‘Neighbourhood Portion’ which can be spent on a wide range of infrastructure providing it meets the criteria to support the development of the area.
Examples of eligible projects:
- Environmental improvements such as, landscaping, open space improvement
- Public Art
- Street furniture
- Equipment for a community group.
Horndean Parish Council currently has £40,289.00 available for projects.
The following proposals have been submitted:
- To extend and replace the boardwalks situated at Hazleton Common (£3,972.51) and Dell Piece West (£6,659.45)
- To plant trees within Catherington Lith and Jubilee Field (£2,000 approx)
- To provide a DDA compliant toddler swings at Downs Park (£57,933 - £9,832).
Please do contact the Parish Office on 02392 597766 or on firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments which you may wish to make regarding the above proposed projects, and additionally with any ideas about how this funding could be spent.